Things To Keep In Mind After Your Appointment
Following through with dermal fillers or Botox is a big decision and an exciting one, too! Whether you are looking to improve the structure of your face, erase the signs of aging, or highlight a favorite feature, fillers and Botox can help you to boost your beauty and confidence with ease.
While the procedures are simple and don’t require much in the way of downtime or upkeep, it is still essential to know the best practices to follow after leaving your appointment.
Today, we’re giving you pointers for what to do after getting your injection of choice.
Here Are Your Do's & Dont's
- Do not exercise or strain the injection area for at least a few hours after leaving your appointment.
- It is best to remain in a sitting or upright position for at least three hours following your injection.
- Avoid sun exposure until irritation from your injection has subsided.
- Refrain from scheduling dental appointments or facials for one to two weeks following a lip filler procedure.
- Do not smoke or drink alcohol for at least 24 hours, though we recommend abstaining from cigarettes altogether.
- Abstain from using harsh physical or chemical exfoliants on the face for at least a full day following your filler or injection.
- If you notice swelling, sensitivity, or bruising at the injection site, this isn’t a reason for concern. Reduce this with a cool compress and Tylenol.
Antihistamines may also help with swelling. Arnica gel is a natural topical that helps with bruising too.
Avoid aspirin or NSAIDs like Ibuprofen for up to a week following your appointment as these can increase the possibility of bruising.
Pay attention to your body for any signs of possible issues:
- Discoloration of areas other than the injection site
- A red, hot injection area
- Intense pain at or around the injection area
- Spiking fever or body chills
If you experience any of these symptoms, contact your specialist immediately.
As a general rule of thumb for wellness, make sure to drink plenty of water before and after your appointment to stay well hydrated. However, we also have the ability to provide healthy IV infusions at the same time you receive your injection treatments.
Shortly after your injection experience, avoid sleeping on your face or massaging the injection area to give your injection sites time to heal.
Wait for one to two weeks for full recovery and settling of your fillers or Botox injection to determine if you are satisfied with your results.
If you are not content with the final result, contact your specialist to follow up about your next steps!
Sarah and her team are passionate about producing the best outcomes possible.
As part of this process, Sarah or one of her team members will likely contact you to provide ‘after’ photos and to discuss your experience. We want total satisfaction!
Schedule Your Appointment Today
At Smooth By Sarah, we are dedicated to providing you with the best service and results possible. We have partnered with Warner Orthopedics & Wellness to offer top-of-the-line services and technology to have you feel great from the inside out.
From weight loss to facial rejuvenation and more, we have the tools to help you reach your goals. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!
Meet Sarah Balladares
Sarah Balladares is your expert in aesthetic medicine. She is trained in minimally-invasive anti-aging treatments and modern cosmetic medicine and is prepared to help you find your solutions for facial rejuvenation, spider vein therapy, IV therapy, and more.
Contact Sarah today to schedule a consultation and begin your own aesthetic journey.